Another name for this delicious and easy vegan bolognese would be “hidden veggie bolognese” because not only are there a bunch of vegetables in it but I bet your kid won’t even know. I have a palette for most vegetables like a 7 year old child (thank god for green smoothies!) so I especially love whipping this dinner up because I know I’m doing my body some good for a change. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to definitely eat. more. veggies!
As the name suggest this is an EASY dinner. I let my food processor do ALL the work but if you don’t have one you can just grate your veggies. I didn’t own a magical food processor until this year and I have no idea how I lived without it for so long. I was making pesto in my blender for YEARS, yall. It’s just not the same. I vow to never chop an onion and cry all my mascara off as long as I have this baby. It’s definitely the one tool in my kitchen I can never give up. You can click the link below to go to the one I have and love.
Yields 4-6 servings
1/2 head of cauliflower
handful of white mushrooms
a few cloves of garlic
1 1/2 jars of pasta sauce
salt to taste
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Cut the skin off and shred your eggplant using your food pressor or large side of a grater. Set aside.
- In your food processor add your chopped cauliflower, onion and mushrooms. Pulse until in small rice-like pieces. (You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your food processor)
- In a large pan or pot add a little bit of oil or water and sauté your garlic until fragrant
- Add the rest of your veggies and sauté until some water has evaporated from the veggies, about 5 minutes
- Add your tomato sauce and spices. Simmer on medium for at least 15 minutes. Longer the better!
- Serve over pasta, zoodles,