French toast. The perfect food in my opinion. Carbs topped with margarine and syrup. Like literally what could be better?
Crusty french bread dipped in just ONE ingredient creates a delicious vegan breakfast that couldn’t be simpler. This vegan french toast is perfect for Christmas or Thanksgiving breakfast.
What is this magical ingredient you are wondering? Nothing other than good ol’ vegan eggnog. At my local grocery store there are THREE different brands of vegan eggnog which is just AWESOME. Even better they were about 3$ each! Yep, that’s all you need. I told you it couldn’t be simpler but did I mention it couldn’t be cheaper?!
1 loaf french bread
2 cups dairy free eggnog
margarine for pan frying (optional)
syrup for topping (optional)
- Thickly slice your loaf of french bread
- Pour eggnog into a shallow dish. Add cinnamon (optional)
- Heat pan to medium heat with a little margarine (optional)
- Dip each bread slice in egg nog for 2 seconds while gently squeezing sides.
- Turn over and repeat. Bread should not be soaking wet.
- Place dipped bread onto heated pan and cook 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with maple syrup and extra margarine and cinnamon on top.
This really may be the simplest recipe known to man kind but I just had to make a post on it because I have tried to make vegan french toast before discovering this method and it was always a ton of effort. No thank you!
What is your favorite recipe for Thanksgiving/Christmas mornings?